Okay I was tagged,
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not really
WAS YOUR SECOND PREGNANCY PLANNED? Super planned! We had been trying for three and a half
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.
WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? For some reason I decided to stop at the drug store and buy a prego test on my way to work and went right into the bathroom and took it. When it said positive I started FREAKING out, I ran out to my car still holding the pee stick and drove straight home, while hysterically crying from excitement. When I ran into the house Chad was like "what is wrong," because I was still crying. We were both way excited. We told our families that day.
WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I could have flown to France with the money I used on pregnancy tests during the time we had tried for number two I got so sick of seeing pee stick with a negative sign, so when I saw the positive sign I didn't believe it I checked it about twenty times, and then of course started crying. Immediately after though I started feeling very uneasy, I had three miscarriages during the time we were trying so it was a little unnerving. We waited several weeks before we told ANYBODY! In fact my mom called me the same day I found out and told me she had a dream that I was pregnant and then asked if I was and I told her no.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? no.
WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? no
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 19
HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Pregnancy test, then a blood test at the hospital
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? a pregnancy test
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Chad
WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Chad
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes! I knew it was a boy though
DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No, because I again knew it was a boy and I REALLY wanted a girl so I felt like not knowing was better than being disappointed
9. DUE DATE? April 29th, 2003
DUE DATE? September 6th 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Why do they call it morning sickness I was ALWAYS sick until about four or five months.
DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I was about ten times worse with Milo, I threw up an average of 5-10 times a day, I threw up so much I lost weight at the beginning.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? limes and super spicy food
WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Pebble ice
WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being super tired and also the load of stretch marks that I got
WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being super sick was annoying also poor Gavin had to take the brunt of my pregnancy, those were dark days for our little relationship. three year old + a sick pregnant mom= a sad emotional mess that dad has to come home and work out
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Male
WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX? Male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I wanted my kids to have a big brother cuz I never did so I wanted a boy but deep down I wanted a girl.
DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes, I started to cry when they told me it was a boy. I wasn't excited to have a boy until they handed hi to me at the hospital.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? According to my doctor I was more underweight than I should be when I got pregnant so she wanted me to gain extra weight which I did gained 60 lbs and lost all but ten
HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I have often said that I was given the heart for having a lot of kids but not the body, I gained 65 lbs with numero dos. To date I have ten lbs to go to be at my pre prego weight and about 15-20 to be what I was when I got married.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yep two
DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No. I had several people want to throw showers, I even let some of my friends plan one, but about a week before my pregnant anxiety got the best of me and I was such a wreck about it I made Chad call my friend and tell her that I couldn't have a shower.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.
WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? no surprise because no shower.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Long story made short. I have a blood disorder called idiothrombocytopenia ITP for short, basically I have a very low level of platelets and so I was in for weekly checking and when I delivered Gav I Hemorrhaged and losed a lot of blood.
DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? same complication but this time my doctor was ready for it and took EVERY precaution so I was good.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Orem Community Hospital
WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Orem Community Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Active labor was 12 hours
HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Active labor was 5 hours or so
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Chad
WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Chad
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?Chad, the midwife and about 5 nurses, WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Chad, my mom, my doula, the midwife, and two nurses
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No, I wanted to feel what labor was like. sounds weird I am sure but I wouldn't do it any other way. Also I can't because of the ITP.
DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Again no
25.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 10 oz
HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 12 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 7:14 in the morning
WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 8:56 at night I think
WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Gavin Chad Johansson
WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Milo Ray Johansson
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 5 years and 2 months
HOW OLD IS YOUR SECOND BORN TODAY? 10 months today
I choose to tag
TIffAnI, AuBReE and bEca
Have fun it's a long one.
Okay I was tagged,
I am not superstitious I am just a little stitious.
still Friday the 13th freaks me out!
What can I say about such an amazing person. You have always been a rock for me. So many times when I have needed something to get me through you have been there for me.
You are so wonderful. You always give me wonderful advice, you can exercise me into the ground, you have so much patience, especially when you are teaching.
I know you don't think that you are creative, which is a shame because where in heavens name do you think I got my creative gene from. YOU!!! You are a poet, an artist and a writer. You can express things on paper that I only wish I could.
I love you so much and I am so grateful for all of the lessons you have taught me in my life. Thank you for your wisdom, your patience, your thoughtfulness and your love. I can't truly express how wonderful you are and how you continue to amaze me still. I hope that some of your wonderfulness rubs off on me, especially your rockin' legs! I love you. Happy Birthday!
Today marks the birth of Uncle Kracker also the anniversay of D-Day, but that is not why I am posting this. I am posting this because today I celebrate the day Chad Jesse Johansson poked his little head out of the birth canal. Chad was born today 28 years ago, and so I wanted to take a moment or five to give my chadest a tribute.