23.2.10

today

So I am sure that none of you look like this EVER. But one thing I hate about blogs is we get a controlled window into peoples lives. For the most part we don't post about having bad days, or sick days, or boring days. We post about accomplishments, projects, trips, outings, etc. Which I do love to hear about but I often think that we all give everyone a warped perception of our reality. So in an effort to bring you a not so "controlled" view of my life I letting it all hang out. This is what I look like today, I have been sick for the past three days and today is the first day I can say my symptoms are on the decline. And the thought of a shower before 3:00 seemed reasonable until of course August decided not to sleep unless I held him, I forgot Gavin had school and had to rush him to get ready and drive him to the bus stop (yes dressed like this bathrobe and all) and then Milo decided (rather vehemently aka temper tantrum ) that he can't live unless he watches Alvin and the Chipmunks on YouTube which means I have to be close by every 6 mins or so because I can't really let my 2 yr old loose on YouTube now can I. And so once I get lunch for everyone and then settle Milo down for some sort of mind numbing program on T.V. and get August to sleep I think I just will get that shower.
Posted by Picasa

5 organic thoughts:

Justin William Stockman said...

I totally agree about the controlled window. It's an interesting perspective to take.

mckenna said...

Funny you posted this. I think about this constantly with blogging! Like my post this morning. Sure, I finished a big project. But I guess one could get the idea that I did oh so much, when really, everything else went to crap for the time I spent on that dresser. The house is a mess. Baths and showers were skipped. No one cooked while we were working, so it was fast food central here. And I'm sure that's true of most people who are working on projects. Yet I get this idea that they must have everything under control AND find time to work on extras. Thanks for the reminder!

The Other Oyler's said...

I READ! But I am not the best about commenting ;(. I love this post! (You still look beautiful). That's why I haven't posted forever. I feel like I have so much to write about but it's all stuff that would probably wouldn't be "blog correct"! You know bad days, frustrations etc.

Tristan said...

You are beautiful :)

I'm pretty much an open book on my blog. Although I don't like to blog about things that are negative. I try to avoid negativity in my life. But I agree, people totally only show their best 'faces' on their blogs.

The Oylers said...

Life is real and blogs should be too- after all they are about our history that we are creating each day and none of us live in a fairy tale for goodness sakes - really! If I am sad then I write about being sad, but if I'm happy then I write about that too, or I try too in my blog... (It's just finding the time to do it all!!) I am glad you let us see the real you in your blog, because you are BEAUTIFUL inside and out and anyone who knows you knows how totally awesome you are! I am a fan, no matter what you look like and no matter what you accomplish in a day!!